Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Sick Kids

The last couple weeks were very busy. I have had all of my kids sick within the same few days, but this is the first time I have had four children all sick at the exact same moment. Sam had double ear infections, Andrew had RSV (or some random respiratory issue that acted like it), we didn't actually run the test to know that for sure. But he was using the nebulizer every few hours. Timmy had issues with the tubes that were recently put in his ears, and he threw up. So he had to have ear drops in his ears which suprisingly he cooperated with, and was unexpected for a toddler. Nathan was recovering from an asthma attack and had a bit of a cold but didn't miss any school.



But worst of all was Cori. She has never been as sick as she was last week. She missed a full week of school (from Weds-Weds.) She had a high fever for 6 straight days. We kept her on ibuprophen and tylenol round the clock and her fever still remained between 101-105. It was awful. I found my self running from child to child, and there was no chance of keeping the house remotely clean. I have never seen Cori so weak, she just layed there and moaned. She couldn't keep food down and horrible stomach pains. I hated not being able to help her.



Thankfully we have an amazing doctor/friend who made repeated house calls both by phone and in person. But he does put us in a difficult postion. What can I possibly to do to thank someone who does so much for our family? On Sunday he came and drew Cori's blood for some lab work that needed to be done. He let her lay in her own bed while he did it, so that we would not have to take her out in the cold to the hospital. (and he was really good, it went fast with only one poke and no bruising). A plate of cookies just doesn't cut it. He is the best doctor I have ever worked with, and he goes so much beyond the call of duty. And his wife does so much for me on top of what he does, I have no chance of repaying all of their kindness.

No comments: