Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Hot Tubbin' with Roo


One day I was about to wipe Andrew down after dinner when I realized something. First I realized a wash cloth would not do justice to the mess he had created. He was definitely going to need a bath, after the graham cracker facial and shampoo he had created. I also realized he was smaller than the other kids were when they were in the "smear food in the hair" stage. The sink was already empty of the dinner dishes, so I decided to see if I could give him a quick dip in the sink, like when he was younger, instead of bending over into the bathtub. He loved it. It was strange to have such a small baby sitting up in the sink. I am usually past bathing a child in the sink, long before they know how to sit up. I thought my plan was genius and was looking forward to many more nights of bathing him in the sink when I was suddenly reminded of one minor detail.


Andrew is not a newborn baby. Not only can he sit up in the sink, he can splash a lot of water out of the sink, enough to thoroughly soak, me and dump standing water on the kitchen floor. So although he loved splashing in the sink, I realized this would be the last time I bathed him there. Timmy solidified my decision, when he walked into the kitchen and saw Andrew. He squealed with delight, and proceeded to begin to strip himself down, under the false impression that I was going to allow my almost 2 year old to jump naked in my kitchen sink. Now there is no doubt in my mind, this really was Andrew's last kitchen sink bath.

No comments: