Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Long Random Family Update

Well, once again our computer is not working. It seems that whenever I have a moment to blog, I can’t get the computer to work. I am using the old laptop from law school. That means no pictures, and when I don’t have a picture to use I feel silly blogging. Pictures of my kids are way more interesting and cuter than just reading my random thoughts. But here is an update for the week.
Last weekend we decided to go up to the cities to visit family. Rachael was visiting her mom and it had been way to long since we had seen her. She had not met Andrew! Everyone had lots of fun. I think I needed the break more than I realized. We managed a trip to Kohl’s, Ikea,the book store, and my dad took Nathan and Cori sledding. Jeff and I were able to go out to dinner without the kids, with Dianne and Rachael, and that was nice.
Sunday we attended the Eagan Ward for church. We usually attend either the Farmington Ward or the Apple Valley ward, so it was nice to see people we haven’t seen in quite awhile.
Eagan Ward is the ward I attended in high school; it is also the ward that I attended the entire time I dated, and was engaged to Jeff. We lived there until we had been married for about 4 months. It was strange to see people from what seems like a different life time ago. I saw my Young Women’s leaders, and kids from when I taught the 6 year olds class. They have changed so much. I saw the mother of a friend of mine that died ten years ago this month. It brought back many memories. But I loved seeing all of these wonderful people from my past.
We came home to a cold house because our furnace died yet again. And then it died again. This morning they were here for what seemed like the millionth time, hopefully they will figure it out soon, because I am tired of being cold.
On Monday, I took Cori to dance and was greeted by all the other dance moms. They pointed out that some of them have not seen me since before Christmas because every week I have had sick kids at home. I was pleased to inform them that no one had thrown up in our house for at least a week and ½. Unfortunately, when Cori and I came home from dance, Nathan began throwing up. So now we have a new record to beat. Hopefully we can go two whole weeks with out the flu in our house.
We have decided to buy a new SUV this week. We are trying to figure out how exactly that is going to work, but we like the idea of having a vehicle that is under warranty and fits our family and luggage. Hopefully tomorrow we will get a good trade for the van and come home driving something that will work better.
Andrew’s eye seemed to clear up so we canceled the appointment with the specialist in Sioux Falls. Andrew has started saying a new word. It sounds like he is saying Na-Nan, or Nathan. But he says it to all of us, not just Nathan. But he does say Da.
Timmy is still getting into mischief and keeping on my toes. He is speaking much clearer. Today he keeps pointing to stars and saying star, it is quite clear.
Sam was able to get the apple bag this week. He brought a stuffed dog called man-man, or spider dog. He also is loving dance, they are doing the song “Who let the dogs out?” and he is doing really well.
Corinne’s dance is coming quite along. I was very impressed with her class this week they are really keeping together. Her reading is also doing well. We now have the kids each read a scripture as part of family scripture study, she is getting quite a few of the words right.
Nathan is wheeling all over the house in his heelies every chance he gets. He was just advanced in his AR reading level and he is now expected to read books between a 3.0-4.0, that means at a third grade level.
I am overwhelmed with the amount of laundry I should be doing, and find my self avoiding it while I play with the kids instead.
Jeff is attempting to fit work in between all he does for our family and church.
And there you have it a very long update, which I think would be much cuter if I had done it in individual blogs with pictures, but since I can’t at least I have something up there.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It is so fun to read about your kids! I am sorry you have all been sick that is how it has been in our house too, we can not go a whole week without something, strep throat, pink eye, the flu, or just hte common cold that is way too common. Here's to hoping that we all can make new records of good health! lol