Thursday, January 29, 2009

Stinkin' Fireplace!!!!!!!

Our furnace quit working Sat. Night. They came to fix it Sunday evening but did not have the part they needed so, they suggested we just run our gas fireplaces all night to stay warm. We let them run until about 2 in the morning. Then we went to bed. Jeff felt like he should close the doors to both the kids rooms, but we left our door open. That morning I woke up with a terrible headache, blurry vision and feeling slightly sick to my stomach. Just then Jeff, described how he was feeling and I realized we had a problem. I plugged in our carbon monoxide detector, and the alarm went off. After checking with my dad and confirming my fear, I called the gas company and we got everyone out of the house. I am so grateful Jeff had the prompting to close the kids doors, I fear we would have lost Andrew otherwise. Jeff took kids to school. I went to Leann's house with the younger kids until we got an all clear to go back home. It took many hours to feel better.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That is scary I am glad everyone is OK!

Unknown said...

YIKES!

Stefany said...

Super scary!!! We finally got CO detectors for both floors we have people sleep on last year, and it sure helps the peace of mind.