Friday, January 30, 2009

Firsts

I thought I would do this firsts list that my sisters did. I have other things I want to catch up and blog about like Christmas, but I don't have time and this seemed like it would be a quick little post. Here we go:
Firsts
First date? Well, it was with a guy named Greg, and anyone who knew my in middle school or high school knew him, too. We dated on and off (mostly on) for all but my Senior Year. I am not sure what you count as the first date though. Because between age 14 and 16 we tried to see each other every way possible without it technically being a date since I wasn't allowed to date until I was 16. I think he counted the time we went to see Toy Story with a group of friends and family, and some how ended up in a theatre row without the friends. But technically it would have been prom the week I turned 16. First date with my true love- Jeff and I went to the Spaghetti Factory on March 1, 1999.
  • First dance?I was in the 4th grade. I went to a Valentine's dance. Gerry and I were voted King and Queen. If that is too young to count than it would have been at a church dance at age 14. Nancy and Jessica were there. I had been watching from the sidelines when they ran over and told me to grab a shoe from the center of the dance floor. Each guy had thrown one of their shoes in the middle. I quickly did what my sisters told me to do, unaware that I was committing to dance with the owner of the shoe. When I realized what I had done, I was so nervous. I just kept telling myself as long as it is not Ben Slocombe I will be fine. Well, of course I beat the odds, and my first dance was with Ben Slocombe, the best 14 year old dancer I had ever seen. But the first dance with a guy I actually knew was at a dance in Chicago. It was with a guy named Troy, and it was to the song "Can You Feel the Love Tonight". First dance with Jeff. The New Year's Eve Dance , Dec 31 1998, Jeff asked me to dance for the first time.
  • First hand holding?Recess - 4th grade with Gerry, we promised to get married. He wanted 26 children, one for each letter of the alphabet. I told him I wasn't sure I could take care of more than 12, we settled on 18. If elementary school doesn't count, than it would be Greg when I was 15 at the movie theatre. First life-changing hand holding- With Jeff at the institute building in the library.
  • First kiss? On the cheek at the Valentine's Dance in 4th grade when Gerry and I were crowned king and queen. Otherwise, I was 16 and it was Greg. (see mom and dad I really tried to keep the 16 age rule) First Kiss with Jeff- I think it was in the entry way at his mom's house.
  • First time cutting someone else's hair?Nathan, I was so scared to mess up. I still prefer to bring the kids to the hairdresser.
  • First night at college?I lived at home for the first year of college, and I think I spent the first night after classes watching Star Trek. By the time I went away to college I was married, and when we arrived to BYU, the first night we went to my grandparents house for a game of scrabble and rootbeer floats.
  • First drinking party?I left every drinking party the second the alcohol came out until I was married. I have always avoided being around it. I missed a lot of cast parties that way. But now I have married someone who's family drinks. And the first time I met them we were at Jeff's Uncle Tom's house. Everyone but Jeff and I were drinking. It was a very strange experience for me. I don't know if family gatherings are technically drinking parties, but there is usually alcohol involved.
  • First experience with stuffed crust pizza?When working at Holiday Hot stuff Pizza, I made it many times before I actually ate it. Honestly, I don't care for it.
  • First time driving after getting your license?I actually don't remember. My brother made me get my driver's license when he came home from his mission and found out I had been avoiding taking the test. I tried to fail the test, but somehow passed it. And I avoided driving as much as I could. The only driving I did was to the gas station where I worked, and to Greg's house in Canada.First email address amosandgerg@hotmail.com (or something similar to that) I know it was a hotmail account andJessica set it up for me in the highschool computer lab.
  • First barbie? She was given to me in a doll cake. She had brown hair and a teal taffeta prom dress.
  • First name you picked out for your baby? Mark, unfortunately this name was quickly eliminated when I fell in love with Jeff. For a girl, Heather but that name was also elimainated when I fell in love with Jeff.
  • First pick in gym class? Actually once. I was shocked. It was for the game q-tips. I was really quite good at being aggressive and beating the popular mean girls with the giant gladiator sticks. I creamed a few mean boys that way too. Very Therapeutic. The new kid had noticed me over the first few days doing quite well and when he was team captain he picked me first. The entire 8th grade class was stunned. They all told him what a big mistake he made. But we won the entire tournament. I was usually the first pick in gym class in a different sense. I was the first pick in dodge ball, as in lets all cream Amy with the balls first. Sixpin was the same problem.
  • First in your class academically?Not over an entire school year, but in many classes I was usually top, until we moved. Then I discovered I wasn't as smart as I thought I was. It was just that I had gone to school with a lot of stupid people.
  • First on the scene of a crime?Only crimes of Timmy's making, not actual crimes
  • First on the scene of an accident? Only when I was in the car accident.
  • First day this week?Carbon Monoxide poisoning, see other post.
  • First thing this morning?I brought a bottle to Andrew
  • First thing this year?Fruit Smoothies and Cinnamon rolls with friends. Lots of fun.
  • First thing after graduating from high school- I went to hold my brand new nephew, Brandon born on my graduation day.
  • College?have not graduated
  • Who is the first person you will tag for this blog?Whomever wants to play.
  • Who is the first person who will actually do this?No pressure.
  • What is the first thing you will do when you are finished with this post? get my children dressed, try to get ready for a trip to the cities
  • No comments: