Monday, October 19, 2009

The Morgan Family

These last few posts all about the Morgans. As mentioned before I am using this blog as a family journal, and I just think they have been an important thing for each of us so i want to do an entry for each child and their "Morgan Counterpart". I thought I would post about their parents as well. I hope these don't sound too much like eulogies, it is just that their family has just moved across the country, and I am having to come to grips that they will no longer be part of our daily lives, however I know we will continue to keep in touch. But I definitely needed them to be part of our family journal.

Leann was one of two to welcome me to Worthington. I remember how sweet she was at acknowledging the excitement of the purchase of our first home. She came with juice boxes and fruitsnacks for the kids. She apologized for not bringing a meal or being able to stay and help but her three children were in the van with the flu. I couldn't believe she had still managed to come say hello, with three sick kids. The juiceboxes and fruitsnacks were just what I needed to keep the kids happy while I finsihed putting the crib together. I honestly don't know how I would have survived Worthington without her. When we moved there I thought maybe we were there to be a support to them, but outside of helping her chase a bird out of their house, I fear the support was one sided in the opposite direction. She is an incredible mom, and I found myself watching how she handled her kids in order to become a better mother myself. She is literally Super mom if there ever was one. She was able to talk me through so many frustrations, I can't even list all the times she was there for me.



Christian is the dad of the family. He also happens to be the best doctor on the planet! The first Sunday there we were invited to dinner and making gingerbread houses at their house. Sam was crying constantly, Christian offered to look in his ears and sure enough he had nasty double ear infections. I was so embarassed to have been "neglecting" my son and let it get so far (nevermind we were trying to move that week). I felt bad that he had to be doctor during his time off. I did not want to take advantage of him. Well, little did I know that would be the first of many off the clock check ups. Astham attacks, ear infections, fifth disease, a television falling on Cori, and many other random ailments brought Christian to our house or us to his. He was also the Branch President of the branch we attended. He was such a great support while we were there. I think my favorite times spent with him though was when he had the chance to just be dad to his kids. He was always having to juggle so many roles, but when our families would get together for a family home evening is when he seems happiest and most relaxed. And it is easy to see that "Dad" is the most important title he holds. He is one of the most humble, kind men I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. It is not a coincidence that Andrew's middle name is Christian. I take namesakes very seriously, and I could not wish anything better for Andrew then for him to grow up to be like Christian.

No comments: