Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Nathan's Baptism




Nathan was baptized one week after we moved here, on his 8th birthday. It was really a very special day. Honey, My parents, and Melissa and her kids came up from the cities. Papa and Grandma Nelson came as well. Our friends the Morgans came up from Worthington. Cosmo and Christian spoke, as well as my mom. Morrea and Cori sang, "If the Savior Stood Beside Me", at Nathan's request. I though it was beautiful. We also sang the Hymn "The Iron Rod" because that is Nathan's favorite hymn. We were going to go to a park afterwards but it was raining so we all headed back to our house. I still can't believe how quickly time flew from the time he was born to his baptism day. I have really seen a change in Nathan since his baptism. He tries to read his scriptures with out being asked, and during Sacrament meeting he uses the Hymn book the Morgan's gave him to sing every hymn. He is trying to be a good big brother and make the best choices.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Next step is, "I Hope They Call Me On a Mission" ;)

Mrs. D said...

That is so cool. I just can't believe he is 8. It sounded like a great, spiritual program. I'm glad to see you guys so happy.