
Nathan has discovered eBay. Nathan loves playing video games, something about combining star wars, Legos, and winning just keeps him captivated. He has been wanting a Lego figure of the character Darth Maul for quite sometime now, so we decided to check on eBay. I am sure you can imagine his excitement as we explained to him what it means to bid on an item. Adding to his love of star wars and legos ,the possibility of winning the beloved characters by competeing with others was an exciting concept. He was ready to bid 1,000 dollars on just about anything. We explained to him he actually has to have the money in order to bid. We also told him he could watch items, and just see how others are bidding and how much it costs someone in the end. So for today, he was happy clicking "watch this item", every time a star wars Lego person appeared. He did get the hang of maneuvering through the site, and became very picky about what items were worth watching, looking for how much they cost, and what the shipping would be, and how long the auction was running. Unfortunately, the Darth Maul Figure is quite pricey, so he is only watching two of those. Luckily battle droids are a lot cheaper and so he is watching some of those. I am not sure how long I will get away with just having him watch items. But for now, I think it is going to be a game he likes to do. I asked him if I could take his picture so I could do this blog and he said, "Only if I can keep looking at the screen while you take it." Yup, he is an eBay addict in the making!


No comments:
Post a Comment