Sunday, October 19, 2008

2.38 per Gallon!


Last week my kids had three days off of school. That means on Wednesday the great television debate would begin. I am not referring to the presidential debates, but one even greater. With no school for five straight days, I would be facing the debate of what to do with the TV. I could allow my children to watch so I could get some house work done, which would include feelings of guilt for using the TV as a babysitter. Or I could shut the TV off and bribe, threaten, beg and plead for them to help me clean the house. Neither option sounded fun to me, and I knew the kids would not be thrilled with either choice. Then one morning I awoke to the most amazing thing. As the news reported how difficult life was going to get with all the stock market and credit issues, a silver lining appeared. Gas dropped. At that moment a third choice presented itself, I could escape my house and the great television debate, by heading up to the twin cities. My mom saved a gas coupon that had 11 cents off per gallon, which makes the picture above even more impressive when you realize I actually only payed 2.38/ gallon. There were really only two downfalls to my idea, I would have to leave Jeff behind, and that I was actually excited to be paying 2.38/gallon. Although we knew we would miss Jeff we packed up to have a week of fun. And that is my explanation on the lack of blog entries, I was busy playing with my kids.

No comments: