
Monday nights in our family have always been spent as our family night. However family night has been moved to Tuesday nights in our house because Cori has dance on Monday nights. It has been quite an adjustment for our family but I can tell I am going to look forward to Mondays.Her class doesn't begin until Jeff comes home from work. That means I can leave the boys with Dad and have an evening just for Girls! Sometimes I bring Andrew, but he doesn't need to be chased quite yet so it is still reasonable calm. The first couple weeks I found myself looking around the dance studio lobby to count heads, only to realize I did not need to count. I enjoy having the opportunity to sit with other moms and watch our little girls dance. And she is doing such a good job in dance! The ballet piece they will be doing is to "O, Holy Night", and there tap is to "Rudolph the Red-Nosed reindeer". This is a bigger class then last year with twelve girls in one class, but they are picking up the steps quite quickly. Her ballet has really come along ways, she is so graceful when on the dance floor. During class today she stopped to pose with Kay, her wonderful dance instructor, seen in the photo above.
After dance, Corinne and I run to the grocery store or whatever errand it is I have been avoiding doing with everyone. I also have the Parent Group meeting at the elementary school once a month on Monday's so we will run to that as well. It is so nice to get to spend one on one time with Cori, she works so hard to help the other kids that we really enjoy the break.
On a side note, I think the boys are enjoying Monday nights as well. Jeff gets to take care of them with whatever sports game is on in the background. (Right now it is baseball play-offs) If the boys have things pulled together they have gotten to play video games on a school night, which is also a treat.


3 comments:
When is the recital? I want to come! As long as it isn't 4 hours long.
Their Christmas recital is shorter, is the first weekend in December. I am not sure how that works with your surgery.
I will still be in Idaho. I don't get home until the 12th.
Post a Comment