Thursday, October 9, 2008

A New Bracelet


Timmy got a new bracelet yesterday. He loves it and refuses to take it off. But I should rewind a little first. The night before last he fell. It was bedtime and although he was crying a lot we thought it was because he was so tired. We checked him all over and he seemed fine so we put him to bed.
The next morning as we hurried to get everyone ready for school, I still did not notice. I saw him at various parts of the house and he was whiny but sometimes that just happens. He was in Cori's doorway when the older kids left for school and he did not move from that spot. Even when I went into the kitchen, he just whimpered and didn't move. That is when I realized he couldn't move.
It turned out the whole morning Cori had been helping him. She knew his leg was hurt, so as she got ready for school, she carried him from room to room with her. But now with big sis gone to school he was stuck. No matter what I tried he would not put weight on it. He would not let me get him dressed. He wasn't screaming but he was crying about it.
Eventually I convinced myself he must have broken his foot. I have a fabulous friend/doctor who is very patient with me. He looked at Timmy's foot and agreed to meet me at the hospital for x-rays. Thus the bracelet. Timmy does not have a broken foot. He must have just pulled something. He is up and moving a little today, although he is limping. But he is thrilled with the new hospital bracelet. I have tried to take it off, but he is insistent that he wants is on. I am not sure what his fascination is, but he is quite pleased with it and seems to think it is the most fashionable bracelet that a 20 month old could possibly have.

No comments: