Today we had to go out of town for Timmy to see an ear, nose, and throat specialist. He has had a lot of ear infections (like 5 in 6 months) and we wanted to look into getting tubes. One of my biggest regrets with Nathan is not getting tubes placed sooner. Partly because I was focused on Nathan's respiratory issues, and partly because more time in the hospital seemed unnecessary, I avoided the tubes. The tubes made such a difference, and the procedure was really simple and the recovery went great. So now as we have seen Timmy struggle we do not want to make the same mistake again. I talked to our fabulous family doctor on Monday when I was at the clinic for yet another ear infection. He referred us to the specialist. When we met with the doctor we asked a few questions and all of them seemed to point to the decision I was already assuming we would make. The doctor told us he would be at our local hospital tomorrow and he would like to go ahead and do the surgery right away tomorrow morning. So we made a few quick phone calls to set up childcare for the other kids, and Timmy and I will be headed to the hospital early tomorrow morning. Jeff will get the older kids off to school and join me at the hospital. It is always a little unnerving to me when we have to have a child put under for a medical procedure, but I expect all to go well. I really think this is going to cut down on antibiotics he has been taking, and make for a happier, healthier Timmy.
1 comment:
Good luck! We'll keep him in our prayers.
Post a Comment