
I know I have mentioned Timmy's love of food quite a bit. I should point out that there is one thing he loves more, and that is his little brother Andrew. They are absolutely adorable. Timmy completely dotes on Andrew. He brings him anything the baby could possibly need. Timmy say Hi and talks to him all the time. Timmy loves to hold Andrew, and lately Timmy's favorite game is to lay on the floor and pat his stomach until I lay Andrew on top of Timmy. Timmy then "wrestles" with Andrew. Timmy is very careful and gentle, and Andrew gets a fit of giggles over the whole thing. Andrew really reciprocates Timmy's love. Andrew has big smiles for Timmy and you can tell he truly loves his big brother. Andrew's face lights up when Timmy pays attention to him.
Yesterday morning I was playing with Timmy and Andrew was watching. I realized Andrew was completely thrilled to just watch the enjoyment on Timmy's face. There was not a hint of jealousy. I felt a little guilty that I had just left Andrew on the floor and that my focus had been purely on Timmy, so I switched and began playing peek-a-boo with Andrew. Out of the corner of my eye I watched Timmy's reaction. He was just as thrilled to watch Andrew get the attention. He began to play peek-a-boo with Andrew as well. The two of them are amazing, they are happy by the mere fact that the other is happy.
When it was time to go pick Sam up from preschool, I began to get Andrew ready. Timmy bought the car seat over, as well as Andrew's blanket. When Andrew was all buckled in, Timmy crouched down like he does almost every time and gave Andrew a kiss. Words really cannot describe how adorable they are.
Andrew and Timothy, if years from now you are reading this, I want you to remember something. Timmy, your life was not complete until you could fill the role of big brother. Something changed in you the day Andrew was born. I know you were just a baby, but you were different from that day on, you were happier, and you loved Andrew more than anything. It was as if you had just been waiting for him to join you on this earth. And Andrew, your big brother was the world to you, you admired and looked up to him even as a baby. Every sound you made, and thing you have learned, like scooting, waving, playing with toys, has come as you have tried to be more like Timmy. I know that eventually an argument or jealousy will come, and I will be sad when it happens. But I want the two of you to remember that you were meant to come to this earth so close together for a reason. I can't claim to know all the reasons, but I think one reason is because you two were meant to be as close as brothers come. You wouldn't be who you are without your brother.



No comments:
Post a Comment