Monday, November 17, 2008

Our Weekend

Well the weekend is done and overall I think it went well. Jeff's redo of a birthday went better. Honey came and brought balloons, pinata, and cinnabons, and presents from her and my mom. The kids viewed it as much more of a birthday then my failed attempt. Jeff and I did sneak out and went to the fabulous restaurant of Perkins. I hope you know that I just used the term fabulous with about as sarcastic tone of voice as one can have. The service was terrible, and they either baked my salad or left it under a heat lamp long enough to serve me a very hot plate with melted cheese on a wilted pile of lettuce. Luckily the cute guy I went out with made up for the lousy food and service. But it was yet another reminder of how much I miss regular restaurants. Nothing too fancy but even access to an Olive Garden, or Chipotle's would be nice.

Ah well, Saturday brought the final practice for the Primary Program, followed by a pizza party that the kids truly earned. Sunday we had the program and overall I think in the end it was a success. Of course my children were adorable and said there parts very well. Sam sang the scripture that he said instead of just saying it, but he did it unprompted and remembered the whole thing. He was adorable. All of the children sang beautifully. The final song in the program was, "If the Savior Stood Beside Me", it is such a wonderful song and the whole room feels so good when they sing it. However between the second and third verse, a four year old stepped forward as if he was about to sing a solo. Then when there was a quiet lull in the music before we finished the climax of the whole song, he loudly announced he needed to go potty. He is a cute kid, everyone chuckled, but it was a little tricky for me to keep a straight face and continue to direct the music. I knew if I chuckled the entire primary would break into a fit of giggles. But it is done now and all the kids feel really good about how it went. And that is most important.

The library and nursery are now basically fully running and functioning. The old building is completely cleaned out, and for all intents and purposes I would say we are officially moved into the new building. So I think the weekend can be considered a success. And as a bonus, Honey did tons of laundry so the start of my week is not quite so overwhelming in that area.

No comments: