Friday, November 14, 2008

My Television Stars!


Last night Corinne and Sam had the opportunity to perform one of their dances from last spring's recital. They particpated in the local United Way telethon. It was fun to get the old class back together for a couple rehearsals over the last few weeks and for the performance. Ido see all the kids in that class anyway, but not together. Ava and Aysa the two younger girls are still in Sam's dance class this year, and the three go to Sunny Day's together as well. Bailey is in Corinne's dance class this year so I see her Monday nights. But both of the kids classes this year are bigger and therefore more chaotic so it was fun to have the five of them back together as a reunion of sorts. Besides I love getting more use out of last years costumes, for some reason the more we use them the less I mind how much I paid for them. Nathan's class was unable to perform even though they practiced. Only three bothered to show up for practices and they had conflicts last night; coupled with the fact that Nathan had an asthma attack yesterday, it was better for all that they did not perform.

I thought the kids did well. Cori's cartwheel was one of the best one's she has done. Sam was the only boy that performed from the dance academy and therefore able to steal the show even while pulling at the backside of his pants throughout the performance.

And I am sure any of you who know me can imagine that I played the classic dance mom role standing right off the performing area so that I could line them up, straighten a bow, and a bow tie, be the last to wish them luck and the first to tell them good job. Eventually I might let go enough to just sit down and wait for the show, but I think we are still a few years off from that.

No comments: