Can I just say I hate it when the word "literally" is used incorrectly. Literally is not the same as figuratively. People in general seem to replace the word "figuratively" with "literally", when in fact they do not mean something literally happened. The problem with using it incorrectly is that when I use the word correctly people think I mean figuratively. For example. "She literally pointed her finger at me and placed the blame." That means she physically pointed her finger. That would be as opposed to "She figuratively pointed her finger at me and placed the blame", which would mean although she did not physically lift her finger and point at me, she did so with her words.
Thank you for letting me share one of my pet peeves. As for the phrase, "I could care less" as opposed to "I couldn't care less", don't get me started. And by the way it is "probably" not "probaly". And yet I don't mind when people use little "quotie fingers" in the air.
Cabbage and Potato Chowder
2 months ago


2 comments:
Well, I literally feel with every fiber of my being that probly understand what you mean.
haha.
I know just what you mean!
And on "air quotes..." Funny thing - my kids have picked up on this and totally use it the wrong way! However, it's so darn cute I can't bring myself to correct them!
Post a Comment