Monday, November 17, 2008

New Church School

With a beautiful new building within walking distance of the elementary school we are able to start a church school. A lot of the Christian churches in our community particpate in a release time Tuesday mornings that allow the kids in their congregation attend their church for an hour in the morning. It is available starting in the first grade. Last year, Nathan just stayed with the teacher while almost his entire class attended different church schools. We are excited to be able to offer it to our kids now. We are allowing preschool kids to come as well. Jeff is getting them from the school to the church and then two other moms and I are taking turns teaching and running the nursery for little ones. We had one week of it, then it was canceled due to the snow day. Tomorrow it will start again. I think it is going to be great. We are expecting to have at least eight attending the class with about five in the nursery. I taught the class the first week so this week I will be in the nursery. Unfortunately Corinne cannot attend this year, but the other kids are very excited. I know it is a rare thing now days for a school to still allow release time for religous purposes so we are blessed that it is still an important part of this community.

No comments: