Friday, November 21, 2008

Fall Program Turkey Craft


The preschool here has a wonderful way of dealing with all the chaos that insues from having a million different Christmas concerts and activities that a family has to run to each year. They don't have a Christmas program. It is a christian based preschool, and they do teach about actual Christmas, not Santa. But as for a program of any kind they moved it up and we have a Fall Program instead. They do halloween and thanksgiving songs. It is super cute and has been a great way to kick off the holiday season each year as it is always the Friday before Thanksgiving.

Cori attended Sunny Days for two years, and Sam is in his second year. That means this was our fourth Fall program that we have attended. I love them, they are super cute and the teachers are great. They always end with the kids each making a crafty snack to share with their parent or visitor. They also do a craft type thing at the spring graduation program. We have attended 3 of those at Sunny Days. So if you are keeping track that means Jeff and I have now attended 7 parent programs at Sunny Days. This does not include Nathan's preschool class programs or all the ECFE class things that I did when we had just three kids. So you can imagine we have had plenty of practice going to these. Never the less we had a break through today. I was holding/wrestling Timmy and that left Jeff to help with the craft portion of the program. He is a very patient father and has attempted many of these crafts without much success. Even today Jeff had to hand over the plastic glove that was supposed to be turned into a turkey by helping children add tissue paper to each finger and the body filled with popcorn. Still continuing to be a good sport he helped Sam fill his plate with the items to make the Turkey Treat out of oreo cookies, candy, and frosting. To my surprise he managed to put it together and it looked quite similar to the example turkey. I was so proud that he has come so far in his preschool craft making ability. We were sure to show Mrs. Larson and she congratualted him on a job well done. Jeff was so pleased he took a picture so I could blog about it. It was sturdy enough to make it all the way home!

4 comments:

Jess said...

That's awesome. He's come so far- preschool crafts and dancing. Yes, I mean Jeff.

MJ said...

If you want, I tutor elementary math, so I could help him out.

I'm kidding.

Thats a good idea for a turkey. I should go buy some oreos.

Grandma Honey said...

That's my boy! He continues to make his Mamma so proud!!! Love you, Jeff!

Stefany said...

You know, we're all lucky that Jeff's got you and I've got Aaron to take care of the creative side, or our households would be seriously imbalanced.